Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fat Dating

People watching recently lead me to believe that fat people stick together. It must be a subconscious form of support for one another and I only think that because you don't see a lot of wildly opposing couples. I wonder. I guess accepting someone's fat is easier if you're also fat. But why? Do people believe that if they're fat, they should date fat people? Or could they fear rejection from thin people? I still struggle with why 'fat' is such a big factor in attractiveness.

Another thing I've noticed is that women tend to be more accepting of men's fat than vice versa. Again, why?

I'm not saying this is for everyone, I'm just saying on average, it seems to be the trend. And as a newly single gal, I wonder if rejection is at my doorstep.

Wondering into the world of dating brings out insecurities which I have to undoubtedly hide cause no one likes to see weakness on a first date. Although, I vow to be myself and hope that, like in the past, that will attract the right person. Of course, it goes both ways and I've noticed my prejudice subsiding but I will not compromise on fitness for there is no correlation there.

No comments: