Thursday, December 6, 2007

When it Rains, It Pours

Doesn't it always seem as though everything happens at once, or nothing happens at all?

Stress affects us all at times but it's how we deal with it that counts. At times, I feel overwhelmed and food becomes the last thing on my mind (or plate!). No time to grocery shop, no time to prepare meals, no time for the gym and a long list of things to do. Well, this week was exactly that. A tough one. And I feel a little badly about it but I suppose being busy is part of life...

I truly believe that we all need a break sometimes, even if it means calling in sick. We work ourselves to the point where we become robots and slaves to routine. Even if we love our jobs, we sometimes just need a day to collect ourselves. And really that's what weekends are supposed to be for but more often than not, they're just as busy as the week!

Our body does everything it needs to do in order to survive without a conscious effort from us. We think and we breath and pump our hearts that way...but your body doesn't cool down or relax when it needs to.

I remind myself today, to take a conscious breath every now and again.

No comments: