Spain's ban on too-thin models may be catching on. And what better place for the fever to spread than in Europe, where fashion is a way of life and influences most other parts of the world. This morning, the National Post reported on London's fashion week . I'm not sure what to think. One one hand, I think it's fantastic that the medical community is getting involved first hand with the fashion industry, making sure models are healthy and they recommended that models under 16 be banned from London's catwalks. That's good because at 16, your body is not fully developped and you may be more inclined to fall victim to the pressures while growing up in and around the industry.But an interesting point made was that England's not going to follow Spain in banning "too-thin" models. That's unfortunate but then again, maybe we'll see the skeleton-models disappear anyway because they won't pass the medical tests.

Really, all I want - and what I think most other women would appreciate - would be to see some normal looking models. Pretty girls with healthy bodies. This doesn't mean they have to be curvey or chubby, this just means there can't be any bones showing. Eww.
Anyway, I guess the point is that they're making a step in the right direction. We'll see next year how many super-skinny models are left and if they do disappear, we'll know that it's because they failed the medical exam (which would be sad).
Anyway, I guess the point is that they're making a step in the right direction. We'll see next year how many super-skinny models are left and if they do disappear, we'll know that it's because they failed the medical exam (which would be sad).


No comments:
Post a Comment